Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On the exit ramp...

Thoughts on the divisional round and the upcoming conference championships...

  • I have seem to lost Mercury Morris' cell number, does anyone have it? I just wanted to let him know the Pats were getting off the highway and are nearing his neighborhood. I really don't like him.
  • The Jags played really well on Saturday, but their receivers needed to catch a few more balls in the second half. Dennis Northcutt anyone?
  • Is anyone else loving the Patriots "half time adjustments?" In Bill we trust.
  • Did anyone else see how upset Wes Welker got after dropping that ball? You would have thought we were down by 11. I love it.
  • Asante played pretty poorly. David Garrard was picking on him all night.
  • The Green Bay game really was something to watch. Although it turned out to be kind of a blowout, it was my 2nd favorite game of the weekend. Football in the snow is an amazing thing, my thanks to Favre for making it special on Saturday.
  • The Seahawks must have read my predictions, they gave up out there.
  • So, all those people who thought the Cowboys would be the team to upset New England are feeling really smart this week. Of course I am surprised at how well the Giants are playing, but the real shock was the passive approach by Dallas. They were sleepwalking in the second half.
  • You have to love Jerry Jones and his guest sideline appearance at the end of the game. I am sure he really calmed down the players.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, Eli Manning has turned the corner. I think we are going to see more of this from him.
  • Ok, I can't keep a straight face. No way.
  • T.O.?????????? Tears??????????? Team????????
  • With the exception of New England there isn't a more talented team than San Diego. Position-by-position they are stacked both offensively and defensively. Even with the back ups they still have solid players out there.
  • What was Manning doing at the end of the game? That was an awful pass to Dallas Clark to end the game.
  • I have the same feeling as when the Indians beat the Yankees this fall to advance to the ALCS. I wanted Red Sox-Yankees Armageddon, I wanted Patriots-Colts.
  • I hate the Chargers. *(See initial column)
  • I have been about .500 on my predictions so far, but my champion is still intact. I think Green Bay wins easily, and New England wins a tight one. I am not sleeping on San Diego folks, they are good, just not ready to beat a healthy Patriots team at Gillette.
Don't fret, feasting on San Diego will be just as satisfying.

No comments: