Monday, January 7, 2008

Wild Card Round Up

So I went 2-4 on the wild card games. Not exactly my finest weekend. However, I will say that I was a 4th and 2 away from hitting 3-4. Here are some bullet thoughts about the games:

  • Still a believer in David Garrard? He may have made the key play in 4th quarter, but he played awful for most of the game. The Steelers were handing them the victory in the first half, then they remembered who they were playing. I hate to say I called the David Garrard thing because I picked them to lose (and they didn't), but he isn't that great.
  • Totally surprised that Good-Eli showed up this weekend. Completely. Can he make it three weeks in a row? Probably not, but hey the Patriots did win the Superbowl in 2001-02 so anything is possible.
  • Apparently all you have to do is smack San Diego around a little and they play terrible. It's too bad Tennessee isn't really ready to compete with more talented teams.
  • I'll take Vince Young over Philip Rivers any day.
  • I'll take David Garrard over Philip Rivers as well.
  • Seattle is good and could beat Dallas. I just don't think they will go into Green Bay and beat an inspired Packer team.
  • Washington has serious potential but I feel like everyone has been saying that for years.
  • Indy beats San Diego still. New England now beats Jacksonville. Green Bay and Dallas will still advance.
  • Still surprised about Eli.

2 comments:

Alex Bloom said...

Pats-Jags. Scared?

Andy Bons said...

I want has-beens predictions.