Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Week Passes

A real solid week of training this week. It was pretty similar to the prior week in terms of numbers, but overall I felt better about the quality. Sunday, run was a quick run, as the last four to five miles were likely under 6:00 pace (and when I say likely, I mean definitely). I was able to respond well to this, working out off of short rest on Tuesday. I have been running in the Brooks Defyance for my normal training runs. However, on days where I need extra recovery I have been running in the Gel Kayano XIV. Both are great shoes, however the extra support of the Kayano is not something I need on a daily basis anymore. For the rest of the week I kept up my string of 10 mile daily runs. I wanted to get out for a 12 on Friday, but I felt terrible and it was too hot during the day. Hopefully I can make my way over 80 next week.

July 6th - 12th
Sun: 16.5, hard run, last 4-5 sub 6:00
Mon: Easy 10 in the evening
Tue: 11 total, 4x1000 in 3:00, 4x600 in 1:47, 1:48, 1:48, 1:46, 2 minutes rest of the 1000's and 1 minute on the 600s, goal pace was 15:00 5k, so mission accomplished
Wed: Easy 10
Thur: Solid 10, pace was good today
Fri: Felt terrible, easy 10
Sat: Easy 10 in the evening, eating was off all day, bought a box of Wheaties, problem solved
Total: 77.5 Miles


In other news, it is time to get excited about the upcoming NFL season. I played Madden for the first time since before the Super Bowl. It felt good, and for my first game I played with Brett Favre and the Packers. I threw seven interceptions, fumbled twice, and only lost by 10 in a shootout........with the Cardinals. After that performance, Brett should stay retired. In my next game, I went back to my roots and the Pats blew out the Dolphins by 20. Can't wait for that to happen in real life again.

No comments: