Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Matt Cassel is our quarterback"

That pretty much sums up my last two weeks. It is so funny that the new Patriots season mirrors my running. I mean, I was feeling pretty good about things a few weeks ago until bam, then I wasn't. It's kind of like how I was feeling about the Patriot's season until about 7 minutes to go in the first quarter of week one, then bam, down went Brady.

So, on both fronts I have been trying to convince myself that everything is going to be all right. Unfortunately, I am not sold just yet (on either).

On the running end of things I have been taking it easy the past two weeks. I did some good training for about 3+ months and I am hoping that I can get something out of it next weekend. However, I have yet to finish a workout with some power since mid-August. This week was a complete disaster, as I attempted to do some 600's and tried to get my legs moving a little faster. In the end it was embarrassing, and didn't end well. I finally took a day off this week, with the hopes of an energy boost on Friday. Still nothing, just more tired legs and a weak body. So, what am I going to do? I'll continue to rest into next weekend, but I am not sure what to expect. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope.

On the football end of things I have been in a state of denial for the last week. I have talked myself into the Matt Cassel era, to the point where I now believe they can win 10 games with the guy. I had observed this guy for last few years, but during this pre-season I had seen enough. Simply put, he was awful. The guy who played against the Chiefs last week was not Matt Cassel, it must have been someone else. I don't know which guy will show up for the rest of the season, but I 'll cross my fingers and hope.

Here are the last two weeks.....(try not to laugh)

8/31 - 9/6 : 71 Miles
Saturday easy run, feeling a little tired 6
Friday easy 12, morning run 12
Thursday easy 8 in the heat, tired and sluggish 8
Wednesday 3 up, 8x1000 w/ 1 minute rest, the first few were in 2:59-3:00, 3:02 for 7, and 3:05 for 8, I was falling apart at the end, did a 5 mile cool down at 8 minute pace 13
Tuesday 6 easy
6
Monday After a long morning of driving back, I made my way on the 6 loop, 6
Sunday good solid long run, 14 of it with TUXC 20

9/7 - 9/13 : 53.5 Miles
Saturday easy 6, not feeling good
6
Friday easy 6, just trying to get something going 6
Thursday day off 0
Wednesday 3 miles warm up, 2x600 (1:40, 42), 8x400 (68-69), 2 min rest on each interval, felt pretty awful throughout, 3 miles on the cool down, 11
Tuesday did my standard 8 loop, felt tired
8
Monday easy 6 recovery run 6
Sunday total time of 1:48:38, short 2-3 mile tempo @ 5:20 pace towards end
16.5

No comments: